- Cardiff City have won only one of their last 12 league matches against Manchester United (D3 L8), winning 3-0 in November 1960.
- Manchester United are unbeaten in each of their previous seven matches against Cardiff in league competition (W5 D2).
- Only Arsenal (12) have won more points from losing positions in the Premier League this season than Cardiff City and Manchester United (9, level with Leicester).
- Cardiff City have won four of their last five Premier League home games (L1), as many as they had in their previous 22 in the competition (W4 D6 L12).
- Manchester United have lost their last three Premier League away games against promoted sides, as many as they had in their previous 36 such matches (W27 D6 L3).
- Manchester United have conceded more goals in 17 Premier League games this season (29) than they did in the whole of 2017-18 (28). Only Fulham (0) have kept fewer clean sheets than the Red Devils this season (2).
- Manchester United have picked up 26 points after their first 17 league games this season under Jose Mourinho; their worst points haul in the top-flight at this stage since 1990-91 (also 26 points).
- Manchester United won 176 Premier League points under recently dismissed manager Jose Mourinho; fewer than Manchester City (222), Tottenham Hotspur (202), Chelsea (200) and Liverpool (196) since August 2016.
- Of the 31 players with at least five Premier League goals this season, Romelu Lukaku has scored the highest percentage of them away from home (5/6 – 83%).
- Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock has failed to win any of his seven previous encounters with Man Utd in all competitions, losing six of those games (D1).
Cardiff: Etheridge, Morrison, Bamba, Ecuele Manga, Cunningham; Camarasa, Hoilett, Arter, Murphy, Gunnarsson, Paterson
Man Utd: De Gea; Shaw, Lindelof, Jones, Young; Matic, Pogba, Herrera; Rashford, Lingard, Martial
For more news, views and features, visit our homepage.