- Napoli have won each their last five Serie A games against Bologna, as many as in the previous 12 (D3 L4).
- Napoli have won each of their last four Serie A home games against Bologna, scoring 15 goals (on average 3.75 per game).
- Napoli lost their last Serie A game, 0-1 against Inter - the last time that the Partenopei lost two Serie A games in a row was in October 2016.
- Napoli are unbeaten in all their last 14 Serie A home games (W11 D3): their best run since August 2015-October 2016 (22 games).
- Bologna have won 13 points in their opening 18 Serie A games: their worst-ever tally at this stage in the three points per win era.
- Bologna are on 19-game wait for a Serie A away win: their longest run since March 2002-April 2003 (21 games, D10 L11).
- Napoli have scored the joint-most goals in the second half of Serie A games this season (21, level with Atalanta). Conversely, only Parma (five) have scored fewer second half goals than Bologna in Serie A 2018-19 (six).
- Bologna have scored just three set piece goals this term in Serie A: only Milan (two) have scored fewer goals in this manner than them.
- Napoli striker Dries Mertens has found the net in each of his last four Serie A games against Bologna. Overall, he has scored nine goals against Rossoblu, more than against any other team in the competition.
- Bologna's Rodrigo Palacio has scored a goal in two of his last three Serie A games at San Paolo against Napoli: at March 2015 with Inter and last January with Bologna.